“Where two or three are gathered, I am there among them.” Jesus promises us.
We love the variety of small groups who meet for study, conversation and prayer, music, shared meals and service. Check out our calendar for schedules or call 715.526.3329 for more details. You are always welcome to join us!
- Monthly we host Hot Topics Happy Hour — watch the calendar for our next gathering!
- Our Vocal and Bell Choirs provide small group spaces for those with musical interests. Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings (Sept – May): Bells @ 6:30, Choir @ 7:30.
- Our worship band, Joyful Noise, rehearses twice a month and invites those who wish to sing and play songs for congregational singing.
- We occasionally host Wednesday night studies following our Wednesday worship service. Everyone is welcome to join us as 6:30 for friendship and conversation.
- Presbyterian Women‘s bible study meets on the 1st Thursdays (September-May) at 11:00.
- Men’s Breakfast meet the second Saturdays at 8:00 for conversation and good food. Gatherings are open to anyone seeking to learn from scripture and from each other. We also offer a variety of small group opportunities to learn, grow, share and serve.
- A Newcomer Class is lead by Pastor Susan Phillips so you might get better acquainted with new friends, learn about the Presbyterian Church (USA) and ask questions about First Presbyterian Church in Shawano and how you might be a part of what G-d is doing in this community.
- Our Adult Bible Study classes are scheduled throughout the year on a variety of topics.
- Our Sunday School classes for kids preschool through high school take place on Sundays at9:00 before worship . We have volunteers to teach and shepherd our young people and help them learn the stories of faith in fun ways that are also meaningful – not just memory drills. Our youth, 6th-12th grade have opportunities for adventures where we grow in spirit and service.
- Confirmation for 8th – 9th graders meets throughout the year and includes camp, mission trips, service projects, worship and conversation with parents and others. Our goal is for our young people to finish confirmation feeling prepared to make their own faithful decisions in a world full of opportunities.
We offer a Vacation Bible School program that brings together kids and adults from different churches and from Kids Klub childcare. We take kids on adventures that explore other countries and cultures and learn how people of faith are following where God leads.
We are committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for our kids, volunteers and staff. If you are interested in learning more about our educational programs, please contact us. Also visit our Camping and Retreats page for extra spiritual learning opportunities.
We also have ever changing opportunities for book studies, retreats, service projects and other ways for you to use your spiritual gifts.